Veterinary Spinal Manipulation in Peoria, IL
Veterinary Spinal Manipulation (Chiropractic) is something that has been making its way into veterinary medicine in recent years. Dr. Myers received her certification through the Healing Oasis School, which is a nationally accredited institution post graduate program. Spinal Manipulation can assist with many different orthopedic or neurological conditions such as:
- Changes in gate or stride
- Decreased mobility and joint pain
- Muscle imbalance or muscle spasms
- Jaw/TMJ pain or difficulty chewing
- Sports related injuries
- Recovery from injuries or surgeries
- Assistance with some chronic internal medicine issues
- Overall maintenance of joint health and mobility
At your pet’s spinal manipulation consult, Dr. Myers would perform a full physical exam with spinal palpation, a gait analysis, and a neurological exam. Dr. Myers would then discuss what areas need attention and make those gentle adjustments by hand. Once the consult and adjustment are complete, we will go over the plan for future visits and any recommendations for home care.
Spinal Manipulation can be used as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, or Food Therapy. We are thrilled to add this to our service list. Call us at (309) 685-4707 to schedule your pet’s consult with Dr. Myers!